Statement of Faith
The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son, born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father, through him all things are made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in one, holy, *catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Enlighten ministry leaders to the unspoken needs of victims of abuse.
Defend human dignity.
Innovate an empathetic program on forgiveness, and equip messengers.
Foster sustainable transformation.
Yield to mercy--with justice.
How to Forgive What You'll Never Forget: Discovering Divine Purpose in The Passions
Wendy Redroad presents an empathetic bridge between the emotional aftermath of harmful circumstances and the capacity to forgive as Christ commands--from the heart. This program is ideal for pastoral care and lay leaders who offer support to adults suffering the affects of abuse, injustice, or traumatic betrayal.
- Virtuous expressions of human emotion are explored in contrast to the vices that hinder healing and forgiveness.
- Participants examine "the passions," as described by Thomas Aquinas and consider a more charitable way to broach the topic of forgiveness with the broken-hearted.
- Main ideas are supported with cross-references to the Catechism in Catholic settings.
- Group discusssions of challenges include the top five "church" comments that can cause more harm than good.
- Available in a classroom series or workshop format.
Bohemian Forgiveness: Five Unconventional Paths to Forgiving What You'll Never Forget
With free-spirited insight and colorful Bible stories an abuse survivor leads women in crisis into their own stories of hope, healing, and triumph over darkness.
- Explores five distinct desires that arise from abuse, grave injustice, and traumatic betrayal.
- Validates the complexities of healing and forgiveness.
- Illustrates a tangible path to healing that fosters intimacy with Christ.
- Tailored for peer support groups for women who've suffered abuse and/or betrayal.
- Focuses on overcoming the psychological affects of abuse rather than explicit physical details.
- Ideal for diverse faith communities and women's outreach support groups.
- Available in a seven-week series format.
Mission EDIFY operates under the 501(c)3 umbrella of Women's Non-profit Alliance and serves as a gateway to independent tax-exempt status.